Tuesday, August 2, 2011

All in good time.....which isn't MY time.

Grandma is here for a few days.  My girls adore their grandma and when she is here, being held captive by a 3 and 9 year old, I believe she loves it, too.  I also believe she is quite exhausted by the end of the day since she gets the pleasure of playing Calico Critters, Barbie, baby dolls, and tea parties.  Amazing she is going to be 79 in a few weeks.

One of the most amusing things I've had the privilege of listening to the last couple days is mom trying to convince Thing 2 that she must go on the potty.  I do believe she's tried almost every line I have tried and has pretty much had the same results as I have......no success.  Thing 2 is not afraid to simply tell you she will not use the potty no matter what you say to her. But, Grandma isn't going to be beaten by a 3 year old. (I smirk, only because I know better.)

My children are quite phenomenal in most areas and I can say that because I've had relatively nothing to do with it. Thing 2 will figure out this potty thing when she is darn good and ready.  She has her own opinions on it and although she insists she will not wear a diaper to her prom, she still enjoys it enough to stay in it.  Case closed.  Diapers it will be and when she decides, I will then move on to the next phase of figuring out where every bathroom is when we are out shopping since I seem to remember a few times the bladder gave out on Thing 1 while we were shopping.

Maybe it is good advice to savor each phase a child goes through for what it is simply because the next one really isn't going to be any better.  And speaking of time, my children are currently making a list of things to get Grandma for her birthday in a few weeks.  So far I've heard a chicken, high heels, gum, and a new car.  Sounds like we'll be brainstorming for awhile.....

No comments:

Post a Comment