Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sisters......the bond.

Today I watched my girls fight before we got in the car and then when we were in the car and while they were at their designated play area.  We got back in the car and I was blessed with the rattling tattling of both of them.

"She was mean to my friends!" yelled Thing 1.

"No, I wasn't," said Thing 2.

I figured I was in for a long day, which isn't unheard of in my current summer days. So, I sighed, pulled into the library parking lot, yanked the three year old out of her car seat and in to the library we went.  There must be some sort of magic that occurs at a library because suddenly the love turned back on and Thing 1 was walking Thing 2  hand in hand. We get books and get in the car and boom, it hits me as I listen to Thing 1 reading to her little sister in this loving tone and then hearing her little sister repeat each word and giggle. They are officially sisters. Fighting one minute, hugging the next and knowing that at the end of the day, we'll still play Calico Critters and Barbies together.

I know that without my sister, my world would be quite empty. We talk practically daily.  She and I grew up quite a bit apart in age, (she's way old) but we share an incredible bond. Very little happens in my world she doesn't know and the same goes for her world.  Is it a rarity?  Maybe.


I hope my girls will always love each other beyond words. I know the reality that lies ahead of me.  Three women in one house with three sets of hormones going at once will get ugly at times.  I know that.  Yet, I don't give up the glimmer of hope that I call sisterhood for my girls.  I believe it can happen.  I pray it will.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy-the sister thing is a great thing! Shan and I were the sisters who were fighting one minute and best friends the next! We spent 11 years just being people who are related but now we are great friends, even thousands of miles away.
    Shonda

    ReplyDelete